Tel No: 01609 778602
Our Business during the Coronavirus Outbreak
During the Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we at Colin Hutson Accounting Limited are able to continue to provide our services. Please read the following information regarding how we will be working to enable us to protect both you, our clients and our staff while ensuring our business runs as close to normal as possible.
For more comprehensive information please visit our website which provides regular Covid-19 updates including support available for businesses and links to government guidance:
Staff are working from home and will continue to respond to emails and phone calls. Delays responding to your needs will be kept to a minimum, however, we are all working in more challenging times and so we would ask you to bear with us.Meetings and contact
Until further notice we will not be holding any face to face meetings and our offices will be closed to all visitors. We are however able to continue to communicate through telephone and email and meet virtually using ISLonline.com, Zoom and other electronic methods.
Colin, Julie and Sam (as a family unit) will be manning the office, coordinating communications and working with other members of staff remotely. We are mindful of Government advice so where possible we would request information is provided to us via electronic means. Clients may still drop off records and documents at the office, but we politely request you contact us beforehand to arrange a suitable time to do so. Our door will be locked so please let us know when you have arrived by calling our office number (01609 778602).Payroll Services
We will continue to process all payroll as normal with no change in how we receive confirmation of staff working hours. Payslips will continue to be sent via email and Onvio, however if you normally receive your payslips by post, we request that, due to current circumstances, they could be sent by password protected pdfs attached to email. Please contact us with any queries.VAT and Year-end accounts
For those of you who use cloud accounting software such as Xero, Sage, QuickBooks, Farmplan, etc you will be able to continue to maintain your bookkeeping in the normal way. If we need any copy documentation these could either be scanned or a photograph taken on a mobile phone and sent to us by email.
Please note where you would normally provide us with hard copy purchase invoices, cash receipts, and/or bank statements, we are advised that Covid-19 has the ability to remain for a significant period on documentation. We will therefore quarantine papers for a period and would request clients hence take this quarantine period into account when providing us with records to meet an impending deadline.Company Secretarial
We will continue to provide Company Secretarial support as normal.Sending supporting documents to us – such as invoices and receipts
We have several options for sending supporting documents to us instead of dropping physical copies off at our office. These tools can also make it quicker and simpler for us to complete bookkeeping tasks, as well as making your own business more efficient. Files are stored securely in the cloud and can be accessed by you at any time.
- Sage users when recording payments or purchases can attach images of invoices or receipts to the record. This can be undertaken in your web browser or using the Sage mobile app and the camera on your phone. There is also a service called AutoEntry which can be used to collect invoices from a range of suppliers automatically. AutoEntry will also process receipts, invoices and bank statements via email or upload images or pdfs using a web browser or taking photos in the mobile app. Please contact us to discuss the additional cost of this service.
- Xero users now have access to Hubdocs free of charge. Hubdocs can be used to collect invoices from a range of suppliers automatically. Hubdocs will also process receipts, invoices and bank statements via email or upload using a web browser or mobile app. If you simply would like to attach supporting receipts or invoices to documents, to bills or purchases this can be done in the web browser or mobile app. We are able to request files by asking questions in Xero to which you can attach files.
- Quickbooks users can use recently included built-in receipt capture tools which allows you to upload images of receipts using a browser, taking photos using the mobile app or simply emailing the receipts to a dedicated email address. This tool reads the values in the document to automatically create the receipt or expense.
- Onvio – we have already set many clients up with an account in Onvio. This is a free service to upload images and documents to your account which we can then download. Supporting documents can be uploaded through your web browser or the Onvio mobile app. We may also request supporting documents to be uploaded to answer specific questions or send you documents for e-signature. If you wish to use Onvio please contact us.
- ReceiptBank – please contact us if you would like to discuss supplying documents to us using this service which integrates with Sage, Xero and Quickbooks.
As you will appreciate, this is a testing time for us all, with new information and guidance being communicated on a daily basis from various agencies. We will endeavour to keep you abreast of developments as best we can.
We thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding and look forward to the day normal service is resumed!
Stay safe, keep well and keep in touch.