The past six months have seen businesses of all sizes forced to make unexpected changes. With the unemployment and Employment Tribunal figures increasing week on week, join us for our next HR webinar to help steer you away from unwanted risk.
Our one-hour online workshop provides the answers to the questions all business owners are currently facing:
- Redundancy and lay off. Deciding which is correct for your circumstances
- Utilising “Variation of terms” clauses to accommodate the new normal
- Returning your workforce from furlough
- Dealing with the avalanche of flexible working requests
- Avoiding the “Discrimination Trap” which many employers have already fallen into
- Ensuring your working practices are Covid-19 secure
Russell Smith, Senior Consultant from Avensure will provide a point by point guide to dealing with all of these issues as well as giving some practical assistance with documentation requirements such as what to include in a contract of employment, health questionnaires and handbook policies.
In addition, the team at Colin Hutson Accounting will provide an update on the following:
- HMRC are increasing compliance teams for reviews on Furlough claims starting now.
- HMRC has stepped up its compliance activity on Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme grants, writing to 3,000 employers who may need to repay some or all of their claim.
- SEISS claims will be investigated from receipt of 2020/21 tax returns
- SC60 sub contractors who have claimed both grants and not stopped working will be at risk of investigation
Date and time:
Tuesday 15th September 2020, 4pm – 5:15pm
4.00 – 4.45 Workshop: Russell Smith, Avensure
4.45 – 5.00 Colin Hutson, Colin Hutson Chartered Accountants
5.00 – 5.15 Q & A
To book your place on this Zoom event please click here. Once registered, you will receive confirmation including a link to the event. Please save this to access the session on the day.